The best thing in your Instagram feed right now.
1. When photographer Mario Testino snapped a behind-the-scenes photo of Kate Moss in a robe and towel on set, he accidentally started something wonderful.
2. After shooting a second, similar photo of Kate Upton, Testino’s “Towel Series” was born.
3. Now, whenever Testino is doing a photo shoot with models or celebrities he likes, he takes additional shots of them in their towels.
4. The series is uploaded entirely on Testino’s Instagram.
5. “The ‘Towel Series’ is a private club,” Testino toldVogue.
6. “I think girls and guys feel this freedom at being able to express themselves,” Testino added.
7. “There is no predetermined way of how you put the towel on.”
8.To date, there have been 76 portraits in the “Towel Series”.
9. . And Cody Simpson (with now ex-girlfriend Gigi Hadid).
10. There’s even the odd sports star thrown in.
11. And, of course, plenty of models.
12. “I have always treasured this kind of freedom: it’s rare.”