Summer is my favorite time of the year. I associate it with vacations, getting to wear short dresses, and accessorizing every outfit with a different pair of sunglasses. But best of all? Summer is a time for day dates.
Maybe it’s my golden coast roots, but my favorite dates tend to take place when the sun is out and I don’t have to bring a down jacket. Before we know it the leaves will begin to change and we’ll all regret not taking advantage of these summer date ideas. I suggest you make the most of the warm weather and check these off your list ASAP:
1. Enjoy a concert at the park. Summer is synonymous with outdoor concert series.
2. Do yoga on the beach. I recently discovered my love for burning calories on dates. And what better place to try a calming class than with the water as your backdrop?
3. Ditch the indoor bar for a rooftop. Day or night, enjoying drinks while overlooking the city is a great way to make the most of the weather.
4. Take a walk on the pier. Eat hotdogs and drink margaritas out of disposable cups.
5. Watch a movie outdoors and canoodle on a blanket.
6. Go for a hike. Get out of the city and enjoy nature.
7. Go beer tasting. You’ll be surprised to learn just how many types of beers are out there.
8. Peruse a Farmer’s Market. It’s fun and free!
9. Have brunch. Instead of going out to dinner, opt to have some of your dates during the day Plus: you can order Eggs Benedict! Yum.
10. Go for a sail or boat ride.